With your support, more students expect to learn Chinese and understand China. As you may know, Beijing Language and Culture University (BLCU), as the "Little United Nations", has taken Chinese education for international students in China as its main task. Every year, students from more than 130 countries gather here to learn and grow together (For details of BLCU, please visit : http://www.blcu.edu.cn/). This year, we do hope to explore the cooperation of International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship with your university, the detailed information of the scholarship is as followings :
1. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study. The students of both Chinese-related majors and other majors can apply it.
2. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL). It mainly focuses on Chinese-related majors and provides 2+2 and 3+1 dual-degrees. Students can spend 2 years learning in both universities separately, or just come to BLCU to study for 1 year. After finishing the study, the credits can be transferred according to the regulations. The students who attend 2+2 model will get degrees from both universities.
3. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL). It mainly focuses on the international education of Chinese. Students can completely study in BLCU for 2 years, or spend 1 year learning in BLCU. After meeting the requirements of both sides, students can get 2 degrees from the universities.
4. Scholarship for Doctor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (DTCSOL, 4 Years).
For more information, please refer to the attachments. There may be some outstanding students who do not meet the language requirements，BLCU will also provide them preparatory language courses first. If the students meet the relevant requirements after 1-year study, they can continue their degree’s studies. During the preparatory course, they also have the scholarship.
Considering the current epidemic situation, it would be tight and difficult to invite students to study in China this semester. Accordingly, we have the following suggestions. Firstly, the program mainly focuses on distance learning during the fall, and the students will come to China in the next spring semester (when the epidemic situation allows). Secondly, in terms of the dual-degree programs, can we start course setting while nominating students and arrange online classes as soon as possible ? Furthermore, as for the above programs, if you hope to sign an agreement, we would also like to start the signing soon so that the projects run smoothly. Finally, could you please send the list of scholarship candidates to us before next Friday ?
We look forward to your students meeting us online and at campus !
1. 2020 BLCU Application Guide for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship (Chinese Version)
2. 2020 BLCU Application Guide for International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship (English Version)
3. Scholarship Applicant List and Application Information (in English and Chinese)
Division of Confucius Institute Development
Beijing Language and Culture University